Friday 18 March 2016

After Joaquin Sorolla, Madonna Lilies

I have copied this stunning work by Sorolla,  painted in 1916. The best way to learn is by studying master paintings and what better than this one. This is my version, its not completely faithful to the original, but I did not want to spend more than an hour or so, just to get the feel of colours, composition and brushwork.

My name is Millie Dean and I have been painting in oils for about three years. This is my first post, I hope you will join me and share your experiences as artists.
I have yet to sort out my profile and other details so bear with me. :  )


After Sorolla, Madonna Lilie
oil on oil paper

3 comments:

  1. I like the freedom in your brush strokes, Millie, and the little touch of ?Burnt Sienna? In the branch lifts the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Millie! Sensational painting! Congratulations on publishing your blog - I've subscribed and am going to enjoy following you.
    Wishing you every success,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete