Wednesday 11 May 2016

Ebb and Flow

There have been times in the last six years of  painting when I have stopped painting for, maybe a few days or even weeks. I've often written to a good friend in frustration trying to work out why sometimes I just can't paint. She has explained it very well, I think, she reckons that creativity isn't constant, it ebbs and flows. To realise this does help enormously, it takes away the frustration and brings back a sense of calm. Knowing that in a few days I will be up and running again. Last night I was up and painting again after a week, it felt good.

Ebb and Flow
oil on oil paper
8"x 10"

1 comment:

  1. I think this is true, you know, Millie! I'm glad you're back in the flow as I really look forward to your beautiful artwork.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete