Thursday 26 May 2016

Wimpole Hall Library

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well and painting away or enjoying life in general. Something I vowed to do this year was paint regularly and am finding myself making excuses. I'm sure there are many who find that life gets in the way and cannot find the time or the energy to paint or sketch everyday. Everyday that I don't paint I feel so bad about it, even if I have a perfectly good reason not to. I know that I have been through some dire times in the last six years and still kept painting.
So, now its time to put those excuses away and enjoy what my heart craves for everyday.

This is a new subject for me, one I loved doing and found fairly easy, surprisingly .

Wimpole Hall Library
oil on oil paper

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, Millie. It's puzzling why we don't paint when we could and we want to but something, what??, stops us. I like the way you've indicated the ceiling plasterwork using shading rather than spelling it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that you've done this. Please do more like this (as well as your flowers, of course). The carpet is so plush - I love this. what a great painter you are, Millie! The light through the windows, the perspective, the ceiling mouldings and that gorgeous carpet - I stand in amazement!

    ReplyDelete